Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This is Mary's Mom.....

Mary has been wanting to post an update, but has been too tired to do it so she asked me to write a few words. 

Mary's brother Ryan, who is a Marine, is sporting a new tattoo to show his love and support for his big sis.
Mary's birthday is Saturday, and we (her family) are working to make this a special birthday! 
We are all so incredibly proud of Mary and the way she is just living her life, working hard to not let her life revolve around cancer.  While she does have her ups and downs, she is trying to stay positive. 

Please keep her in your prayers, and thank you for the continued support and encouragement you've shown my precious daughter.
Beth (Mary's mom)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, Beth. Though Mary and I have never met, her personality really comes through in her writing on this blog and I feel like I know her well. Despite her bad days, I find her attitude inspiring. That seems like a cliched word to use, but I'm at a loss for a more appropriate one. I am privileged, then, to have her in my thoughts every day. I hope you'll tell her so, assuming she's not reading the comments herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +1

      I also have not met Mary, but I second the thoughts above. Cliche or not, she inspires me.

      Mary has articulated her struggles with grace. She writes with a panache and personability that I didn't expect to find when I stumbled across her story back in April. It, therefore, breaks my heart to see her childlike hopefulness dashed by circumstance beyond her control. I am awed as, even on her bad days, she usually remains in good spirits.

      I think of her often, as this blog is saved to my favorites. Everyday I link here hoping and expecting to see great news. I believe that day will eventually come! Until then, I pray that she has strength, courage and faith.

      Gute Besserung!

      Delete
  2. Someone posted in the last entry, "I love you."

    Sometimes there's not much else that has to be said. Love you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleas let Mary know that we think about her all the time. Is there anything we can do to cheer her up or help out with?

    ReplyDelete