Friday, October 26, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!

Today is my brother Ryan's 25th birthday and I wish I could be in California to see him. Hopefully if my family's trip plans work out, I will get to see him in November. Here is a picture from last year:



Yesterday, my mom, dad, and I met with Dr. Barnes because I was feeling so overwhelmed and stressed out about all the information that's been circling around in my head. Even though the statistics he gave me did not sound great, I left the appointment feeling better. My dad recorded most of the discussion on his phone, but the very end of the conversation got cut off because his battery died. If you are particularly interested, I added the recording below, though it is a bit lengthy.
I don't think anything particularly important was said after the phone battery died. I was in the middle of expressing my concerns about not getting adequate nutrition on the low fiber diet I have to follow. So now we just wait until November for the 3rd Avastin treatment and a CT scan sometime after. Then decisions will be made depending on how my cancer is reacting to the drug.

My mom's coworker Leon gave her the card of a lawyer he goes to church with who was willing to help me deal with all the legal matters I need to take care of in my current situation. Last will and testament, power of attorney, living trust. I talked to him (his name is Brandon Cooper) today and he told me he wouldn't be charging me anything for his help. I don't think I would be holding up as well as I am if amazing people weren't stepping up to help me through these unfortunate times.

And now I'm going to spend a bit of time with my friends Jessica and Allison (and Allison's adorable kids Harrison and Stella). Maybe the mess in my head will eventually settle and organize somehow so I can write better posts. Maybe not.

4 comments:

  1. I would be more than happy to buy a t-shirt to support you, whom should I contact regarding this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send an email to cancergirlmary@aol.com and just include what size you want and if you want short or long sleeves :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Mary! I do not know you and I live basically on the other side of the world in comparison with you. By pure chance I ended up on your blog and have been following it since. I have since I came into contact with your blog admired you and your person, you seem to be a very intellectual person with good opinions about life and so on ... you seem to be a very wise woman, wise and amazingly beautiful! Had I been able to help you recover from your illness, I had done so without hesitation, it makes me terribly sad that your illness has taken this turn ... I wish with all my heart and my whole being that you can eventually get well ... I just wanted to leave a comment and say there are people who think of you from the other side of the world, and sends herewith all the best to you in this misery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you from? All the support I've been getting really means a lot to me. Thank you for your dedication to my blog but I feel like I'm not a very good writer :-)

      Delete