Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cancer Light/Cancer Heavy


On the worst of the feeling really bad days, my biggest accomplishment is generally taking a shower. I was told at the beginning of chemo that I am now required to shower or bathe daily… as if that wasn’t a personal requirement I had for myself before cancer. 

My oncologist told me that it is actually pretty common for people to gain weight while undergoing chemotherapy treatments. This makes me feel slightly better about the fact that each time I go in for chemo, I’ve gained about a pound. Slightly better but still pissed off about it. 

When I am without my fake hair and I’m wearing my glasses, I kind of look like the dean on the show Community. Not a sexy look, in my opinion. 

Nothing exciting on the agenda for today. No skydiving, no puppy parades, no treasure map to follow, no raves to attend, no murder mystery to solve… I might make a salad for lunch if I’m feeling ambitious. 

Some cancer jokes:


Not a joke, I almost cried:


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness.... the story was beautiful! Our animals are such sweet blessings... I am so glad that you have your two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are literally always there for me! You can't beat that! :-)

      Delete