Friday, June 1, 2012

NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!


I always get TWO automated calls from the cancer center to remind me to show up for chemo. Why two? And who forgets to show up for chemo? I imagine if someone isn’t there for that appointment, it was a conscious (but probably stupid) decision. 

I read today that my pee is not the optimal color (clear or light yellow) and myfitnesspal says I’m not getting enough potassium. That’s somewhat stressful. On my list of things that concern me but that I will probably neglect to correct. 

I was feeling really awful this morning. Possibly from withdrawals from the medicine I stopped taking (nausea, headache, and muscle soreness). Normally I feel at my best in the morning. I considered starting to take the medicine again (my doctor said I could if I had problems) but then I looked up the side effects. Parkinson symptoms, abnormal movements of facial muscles and tongue, increased hunger and weight gain were all listed as common side effects for the medicine! No thanks! I think I’ll tough out the withdrawals. Mercifully, as soon as I started working on statistics for homework, I felt 10 times better. I think math might be more comforting to me than painting…


And now I need to try to make myself look like a normal human for the party with my friends from work. A lot of effort even though I know I won’t feel well enough to stay long.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I think you are doing a good job talking about your feelings and what is happening. I will offer feedback(if wanted)on things. Look up chemo-brain it is a real condition. Have you looked at tealtoes.org? They have mostly links to info and news. I found this blog from your inspire post. I just lost my wife May 17 after a long battle with stage 3c. You hang in there girl, get through this chemo first.It will be easier to think once you get a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm so sorry about your wife. I have not been to tealtoes.org but I will look into it.

      Delete