Sunday, July 29, 2012

On Hate

I had a nice day. I hope you did too.

I have something to say. If you are reading this and you have been shit-talking about how you want to eat at Chick-fil-A even more now that the place is so openly against treating homosexuals as equal human beings deserving of equal rights (via facebook, twitter, or your big flobbidy pie hole)... well, fuck you. I'm simply ashamed of you gay bashing Christians. Don't read my blog because I would not open myself up to you in person as I do here. Also, I don't think you deserve to bring up Jesus constantly if you can't show love and respect for all of your fellow human beings.

My awesome friend Allison has a better, and more diplomatic, response to this disgusting wave of hate and ignorance:

"I don't expect to change anyone's beliefs, and you can eat as many chicken sandwiches as you want, but it's disappointing to me that some still believe that certain groups should be discriminated against in any way. Free speech is not the issue, it's excluding an entire group of people or ostracizing them for their "preferences" (which I believe are not a choice). I think this will be a time in America's history that many of our children will look back on with embarrassment. And not necessarily because of a COO's comments, but because of the hateful conversation those comments have sparked."

I get too upset to express myself in the best manner, so I will end with some words of wisdom from a great man:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.


7 comments:

  1. "Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you."-Some smart and probably Christian person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry if I misspoke and offended you. I felt that it was clear that I was not condemning all Christians. There are also Christians that work hard to do positive things in the service of others. But I do have a problem with any person or company that attempts to deny another person equal rights whether for religious or non-religious reasons.

      Delete
    2. oh, not at all! I was agreeing with your post lol :D

      sorry, I should have explained that a little. i heard a bisexual christian friend say that quote once, as a message to other christians. I don't think you're christian, so i dont think it would apply to you :o

      one of my friends told me all sins are equal in the eyes of god. christians sin in a bazillion different ways, eating too much (gluttony), being mean (wrath), etc.. but when they run into a gay person they absolutely lose their shit on the guy like he committed the WORST sin of them all. it's like Hey Cleetus, drop the Chick Fil A, lose the beer gut & the mad hate, and THEN we'll talk about how Mark and Steve were smooching in the food court in front of your wife/sister and kids, okay? Okay.

      oh and sorry i deleted a comment on here, i had to fix something.

      Delete
    3. Ah, I see. I just misunderstood. :-)

      Delete
  2. To hate someone because of how they love seems very strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand it at all but I hope in time this type of hate dies away.

      Delete
  3. It would be nice if the I'm Sorry Campaign gained a lot more traction in the Christian Community, but I don't see that happening.

    ReplyDelete