Monday, August 13, 2012

Good(ish) News/The Uncertainty Continues

I did not sleep well at all last night because I was so anxious about my appointment to go over the CT scan results with Dr. Gore today. Because I am so exhausted, I don't know that I will be able to do a proper post but I'm going to do the best I can.

Dr. Gore said that it's a good sign that the level of fluid in my abdomen has progressively gone down. He seemed concerned about a possibility of cancer in my intestinal lining and my peritoneum (I hope that is the right word) so he wants to have another CT scan in two months. But, for now at least, no more chemo!

I told him, "I have a good feeling about this and I want to do a study abroad in Sweden in January if I get an ok from you." Of course he couldn't just say, "Go for it!" at this point and I did not expect that. But I was so happy to find that he wanted to make it happen if it would be reasonable for me to go and he thinks it is great that I want to live my life to the fullest. 

There is more I could say, but I've covered all the main points and I'm just too exhausted to write anymore.

2 comments:

  1. hey, not bad mews :)

    get out there and kick some ass Mary!

    after you have a nap of course -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll take this goodish news!! You go girl!! Love you!!
    You attitude is awesome!

    ReplyDelete