Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rhiannon


She rings like a bell through the night
And wouldn't you love to love her?
She rules her life like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?

All your life you've never seen a woman
Taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
Will you ever win?



No Adderall didn’t work out too well so my doctor switched me to a different kind of legalized cocaine: Vyvanse. “In a clinical study of adults with ADHD: Once-daily Vyvanse improved attention throughout the day — even at 14 hours after taking. The most common side effects reported in this study were decreased appetite, dry mouth, headache, trouble sleeping, upper respiratory tract infection, irritability, nausea, anxiety, and feeling jittery.” I’m fairly certain I do not have ADHD so tomorrow I will find out how it works for me. Doesn’t everyone have ADD or ADHD now though? I was hoping to get off as many medications as possible. Maybe now is just not the time. This is not ideal though.

Update in bullet points again:

*Busy day. Managed to somehow make a sort of double horrible first impression on my Marketing professor. First I sent her a desperate email explaining that it was impossible to upload an assignment that is due tomorrow, only to realize that uploading the assignment was an extremely simple and obvious process. So I started by implying that she is incompetent when I was the incompetent one. Then after rushing around to get my new drug, I was happy that after fighting traffic for entirely too long, I arrived just in time to take a test with the same professor. Or so I thought. I found her in her office (I’ve never met this woman face to face) and said, “Isn’t the test today?” “Yes, I just emailed you. The test was from 4 to 6.” I showed up 4 minutes before 6 thinking I was really on the ball. A great start.

*Just in case it wasn’t already obvious, I will not be voting for Mitting T. Romney the 14th.

*My accounting professor, who teaches the one class I have to make a two hour trip 3 times per week for, is extremely dry. I briefly considered breaking my own thumb the first day so I would have an excuse to leave. Decided against that quickly.

*Ever closer to reaching that oh so elusive orgasm with someone other than myself. Kind of a big deal.

*I can’t wait to be in Germany, even though it isn’t set in stone and that journey is over 5 months from now. And yet for some reason last night I dreamt I was in Paris and it was just as I thought Paris should be.

*Have I mentioned here that I signed up for a German language course? Well, I signed up one day and decided the next day that two addition 2 hour trips on Tuesdays and Thursdays was not ok, especially since I do not actually need to take German. Switched back to Management Organization and Theory. Disappointed when I got an email saying the German class would be picking out German names the first day. :-(

*My academic advisor was switched without me being told. But I found out that now I have Dr. Mechitov, who is automatically more fun to talk to than other professors because he has a thick Russian accent. (In thick Russian accent:) “Oh, another boring smart student who only makes As!” I’ll take that!

Now I must bid you all adieu and get some happy sleep time. Puss puss!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just wanted you to know that a friend recommended your blog to me and we've been reading off and on for a while. This post made me laugh out loud because I empathized with almost every bullet point. I really hope you get to go to Germany and don't have to go through chemo again.

    ReplyDelete