Friday, August 24, 2012

My Future is Looking Brighter!

I’ll be starting back to work soon. Only 2 or 3 shifts to start so I don’t overdo it, but I’ll see how it goes. It will be nice to get to spend time with my work friends more often again. I also start classes next week, so I really will have a lot more going on. I had signed up for 3 online classes because I wasn’t sure how I would be feeling at this point, but I am taking one accounting course on campus. I’m excited about being on campus. Just going around and doing ordinary things seems really exhilarating. I feel like my enthusiasm is making up for my not fully recovered energy level.

I am a bit disappointed about something though. I got a call from the dean of the business school at my university. He called to talk to me about the classes I wanted to take at Lund University in Sweden. He told me the most he could promise me was credit for 2 of the 5 classes I would be taking and even if I did get credit for all the classes, none of the classes are classes I need to help me graduate. So even though it would be so amazing to get to go, it would put me even further behind in terms of graduating. I started to think that I’ve had my head too far up in the clouds and I need to look at the prospect of going to Sweden practically. I haven’t heard back at all about financial aid money for Lund and I don’t think it would be enough if I did get it. I don’t have any money of my own to pay for something like that so the financial aid would have to cover tuition, living expenses, and airfare. Then there is also the possibility that Dr. Gore will decide I am not healthy enough to go off to another country at the last minute which would be devastating.  

TU Dortmund in Germany was originally my backup plan but I’m starting to get exciting about it because I’ve learned more about the programs and it’s a much more feasible option. The details and financial aid are much easier to work out because my university has an exchange agreement with TU Dortmund. TU Dortmund is also offering classes that I need to take in order to graduate on schedule. I would also be leaving in March or April instead of January, which both gives me more time to try to gather together extra money and to get healthier and stronger. Plus, this is a bit silly to add, but I’m glad it will be a bit warmer! Hopefully I can still make a little trip up to visit Sweden if everything works out for going to Germany.

The 3rd date with the guy I’ve mentioned went really well. He’s gotten me hooked on this British comedy called Peep Show. A new “thing” with someone is always exciting!

It seems as though the sun is shining on me once again. :-D

2 comments:

  1. That's a bummer, Sweden is amazing. On the plus side tho you could easily see a lot of Europe if you end up in Germany, cause everything is so close! Did move from Sweden to Holland myself, and it's a big difference being a bit closer to Europe. And Stockholm is still just a 2 hour flight away :)
    Hope you make it over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But hey! You are welcome when its time :)

    ReplyDelete