Friday, April 27, 2012

Cancer Sniffing Dogs!


I wish I could have seen my tumor. On the CAT scan or in a jar of some sort…. whichever. I looked up “granulosa cell tumor” on Google images, but some of the results just made me feel nauseous. I found this (not very interesting but won’t make you puke):



I don’t feel as horrible as I expected to feel this week and I’m very pleased about that. I’ve been exhausted, my muscles are sore, my bones are hurting, and I have generally cold/flu symptoms, but I feel that I’m doing ok. My tummy is swelling up again with cancerous fluids which both worries me and makes me look fat. I don’t understand why it continues to swell up or why the hair on my head continues to grow ever so slowly. The damn chemo better be working. 

Still have a theory that my balance is screwed up because my body hasn’t adjusted to having just one ovary. I can’t even remember if it’s the left or right one that is missing now… oh well, it’s probably logged somewhere in this blog. The flaw in my theory is that my balance continues to get worse instead of better. 

Today I found out that dogs can be trained to sniff out whether or not a person has cancer: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/01/cancer-sniffing-dog_n_816961.html. Very interesting. Unfortunately, Emma’s only talents lie in napping, eating, and destroying things.
I'll try not to hold a grudge that she didn't warn me about my cancer :-P

1 comment:

  1. Well, her other talent is finding things to grab and running off with them. That, and flopping against doors.

    ReplyDelete