Sunday, April 29, 2012

Did Splenda give me cancer?



I can’t help wonder about that. I’ve been using a lot of Splenda for a long time. Despite this concern, I still use just as much. I should probably just stop using it because it’s so unnatural. Or at least cut back. My other worry is that my overpriced hair straightening treatments gave me cancer. Keratin hair treatments. These treatments contain formaldehyde. “A suspected carcinogen, formaldehyde is a colorless chemical compound with a pungent and irritating odor.” I never read much about this before I was diagnosed with cancer because I always desperately wanted my very curly hair to be stick straight. Very expensive and suspected to cause cancer… When my hair grows back, I will either embrace the curls or find a less scary way to straighten it. As far as whatever may have caused the cancer, I guess I’ll never know and I’d rather not blame myself since it sucks enough just having cancer. 

I finally finished the iris painting! Well, you can say I finished it or you can say I just got tired of messing with it. This is where I have decided to stop:


I’ll have to move on to a new art project of some sort to keep me busy.

2 comments:

  1. I would only really worry about the Splenda being an issue if you were part rat and were ingesting so much of it that you were substituting one of your daily meals with it.

    Hell, you can get cancer from going outside (thanks a lot, Sun!), staying inside (Radon!) or even just eating too many bananas (straight up Radiation!).

    ReplyDelete