Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Don’t you look back!


Don’t stop, thinkin’ about tomorrow,
Don’t stop, it’ll soon be here,
It’s be better than before,
Yesterday’s gone, yesterday’s gone...

That song genuinely made me feel better while I was sitting up at the cancer center feeling awful and frustrated yesterday. I can usually count on music I love to lift my mood back up and distract me a bit if I’m feeling sick. 

New tradition of getting flowers continues.
 I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday. I know this is partly because I always feel better in the mornings and tend to get really tired as the day wears on. So if I’m going to write a post assuring anyone who reads this that I am not on a downward spiral, 8:00 AM is a good time to do it.
Today is the day I can register for classes for this summer and this fall and I have already planned out my classes. Summer classes are divided into 3 mini semesters: May, Summer I, and Summer II. I’m not even going to attempt to take any classes during the May semester because I’ll still be getting chemo treatments and the nurses really emphasized yesterday that I would feel worse with each treatment. During Summer I, I plan on trying one class: Quantitative Methods in Business. During Summer II, I will try to take two courses: Microeconomics (I already have the book for this class since I was supposed to take it this spring) and Intro to Computers. These are all online courses and core courses that I am required to take. I think online courses can be challenging because you really have to motivate yourself to stay on top on things without seeing your professor a few times a week, but I don’t think I’ll be up to driving 45 minutes to campus and back every day. Especially with gas prices being so high. Even though it will be busy because each summer semester is so short, I think it will get me back into study mode for fall semester and I have the financial aid from spring that I didn't use so that will cover my classes.

Then, hopefully for the fall semester, I can go back to campus and take the minimum full time load. I'm signing up for a history class, a Spanish class, an English class, and an accounting class. I could technically take more but I want to make sure I don’t overwhelm myself. I was told it takes the full amount of time you spent getting chemo treatments to fully recover back to your normal level of energy. That should be about 4 ½ months! But that is my tentative plan if everything works out.  :-)

When I was at the cancer center getting chemo on Monday, I traded in my “Rachel” wig for a shorter red wig that caught my eye. The nurse said I could keep both if I wanted, but I haven’t been wearing “Rachel” at all and felt guilty thinking someone else could get more use out of it. If I am feeling up to it, I will take a picture today and come up with a name for her!


Well, I guess I’m out a pretend fiancé now. I am not mad at the русский (Russian), but he doesn’t have time for me so the game is not so fun anymore.  Now I guess I am in the market for a new pretend fiancé (and maybe a real fiancé with excellent health insurance would be nice!)


Here is a picture of Emma trying to go to sleep with me last night when I was feeling so awful. She's a sweet girl:

Several have mentioned to me that they have wanted to leave comments on my blog but couldn't so I adjusted the setting and maybe it will actually allow anyone to comment now.

3 comments:

  1. She is a therapy dog :)
    I am sorry you feel bad... and I hope you will feel better soon. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a sweet dog! It's been a bad week but she makes me feel better :-)

      Delete
  2. I love you... I am so glad that you have your Mom.. and Emma. Sweet gifts.

    ReplyDelete