Monday, April 2, 2012

Round 3... of 6??


Emma and her raccoon toy coming to visit me before I left for chemo :-)

7:00 - Today is chemo treatment #3. I think I will write this post the same way I wrote the last chemo day post, just writing bits throughout the process since I’ll just be sitting in a chair for half the day. 

9:30 - I’m sitting here in my chemo chair waiting for them to get started. They seem really busy and a bit behind today. I just overheard a nurse say they are short staffed today so I might be here a bit longer than I normally would. But I’ve gotten to listen to a nurse explain what to expect to a new chemo patient and she is being much more thorough than the nurse I had, so I’m learning a bit. Or just hearing things I had to figure out on my own… I’m really, really sleepy right now so I might just pass out in a minute. Definitely will when they give me the benadryl (to prevent react to the first chemo drug, taxol).  I’m not sure I want to log everything that happens today anyway because I did that last time and I’m just so tired this time. 

Me and my chemo supplies

11:00 - Dr. Gore just came by and I’m just finished getting the IV benadryl so now I’m really sleep.  I will probably attempt to nap in a minute even though it’s noisy here. Dr. Gore gave me some disappointing news. I asked him how he will know if the chemotherapy was successful since the next one will be my last. He corrected me and I said I was never meant to do 4 treatments; I was meant to do 6! I know I was told 6 at one point and 4 at another, but I was sure the last word was 4. Oh well… At least I finally got my answer about how they will know I’m better. He said they will do another CAT scan. He added that sometimes the surgeon will open the patient back up to look around but they won’t in my case, so I’m pretty happy I don’t have something like that AGAIN my near future. I told him that my abdomen has swollen a little bit since it was drained 3 weeks ago, but he said it’s a good sign that it’s only a little swollen and that it hasn’t swollen up as quickly. Well, I’m about to fall sleep and my writing is probably extra sloppy so I’m going to try to take a nap now. 

12:45 - Just “woke up” from being half asleep for a little while. My stomach started to growl so my mom went to get me some food. I don’t think I will be here too much longer. I think the nurse said about another hour. 

2:00 - I’m almost done! Just a few more minutes of the second chemo drug (carboplatin) left!

5:30 – I’ve been home for a while now, napping away. I feel a bit better now after some sleep but still too tired to write anything more. So if this post is really boring, sorry but I’m just so tired today, so here is a link to a much better blog than mine: http://www.positivityblog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment