Friday, February 10, 2012

A note on the people that care about me...

Although all of this has been both overwhelming and frustrating, friends and family members are coming out of the woodwork to tell me how much they care, or show support, or to say they will help in anyway they can. If I can get cheesy for just a minute, it really feels great to get so many kind messages. I suppose a lot of people think this in my situation, but when this is over, I'd like to make a big effort not to take these amazing people for granted anymore. I'm not eloquent enough to express how much it has meant to me.

Oh, I will be meeting my oncologist, Dr. Gore, for the first time Monday morning. I'm sure I will be loaded down with even more info then. Then the port will be put in Wednesday, barf.

I also read or heard that it's good to get your haircut short before chemo because it's easier to deal with when it's coming out. That appointment is next Thursday. I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love or some similar group, but my hair has been chemical-ed and highlighted to death so no one seems interested. 

Then Friday, I have an appointment with my endocrinologist (diabetes doc) for just a general diabetic checkup and so I can ask him if the chemo is going to mess with my blood sugars and other diabetic/cancer concerns.

I hope all these appointments work out because I don't know when chemo starts, so something might get bumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment