Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Angry Tumor!


I have started to work on painting my tumor. This is just the very beginnings of the painting:

I haven’t yet decided what all I want to do with it. I think I got the size and colors of the tumor right, though I had to guess since I never actually saw my tumor. My tumor had ruptured so I will have to go back and try to figure out how I’d like to make that look. The background was meant to look like a surgical table but doesn’t look right so I will have to figure out how to fix it. I didn’t really know anything about painting or mixing paints before this so I’m just winging it. I also haven’t decided if this is a serious painting or if I want to add an angry face to the tumor and a sad face to the uterus… haha!


Today I am going to see The Avengers with my dad. Action is not really my favorite film genre, but sometimes I’m in the mood to see something exciting. I hope it’s good. 


I have not waited tables since December. I both miss it and feel sick to my stomach when I think about going back to it. I’ve had boring jobs where I had nothing to do or my tasks were really tedious and repetitive. For all the bad things I could say about waiting tables, it is at least usually excited and endlessly surprising. I can honestly say that I like my job and that for now, I don’t think that there is another job I would like as much in which I would also make as much money. I also try very hard to be good at my job, to the best of my ability, because that is simply the best way to ensure that I get maximum tip possible from even given table of people. I made $2.13 per hour and did not generally see any of that money because it was eaten up by taxes. So the people I wait on are literally the ones who pay me. Not all of people I’ve waited on seem to know this. Or maybe some just do not care. It is beyond frustrating to wait on a group of people for more than an hour, busting your ass trying to make them happy, then have them leave no tip or a ridiculous small tip after running up a huge bill. I wish everyone that tips like that had to experience that feeling they leave me with. I’ve experienced it more times than I can count after waiting tables for years. The job is both physically and mentally exhausting and there have been multiple times when I have considered just walking out. In the end though, I think the good outweighs the bad, and many of my coworkers have become like family to me (especially now that I have hit this rough patch). I wouldn’t have stuck around the same restaurant for 4 years if it wasn’t the best job I’ve ever had and I will definitely be back as soon as I am healthy enough.

1 comment:

  1. The Avengers was a lot harder to take seriously once I realized they had Robin Sparkles as Maria Hill.

    Hulk stole the show, though (and Harry Dean Stanton's cameo was great).

    ReplyDelete