Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bucket List


I would like to take up a few sentences to apologize if my posts are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. Since beginning chemo, I am simply not as mentally sharp as I was before and I truly hate that. I do my best to try to hunt any mistakes down and correct them before I post, but I’m not even as good at proofreading as I once was. So please forgive my currently limited imagination, grammatical atrocities, and any random words that simply make no sense in the context of the sentence it is contained in. Thanks!

Today my mom is driving to Georgia to check out a dog she might want to adopt. His name is Jarvis and he is a yellow lab like Emma. She took Emma with her to meet Jarvis and to see if they will get along, so I am alone without my buddy today.  :-(
Emma Doodle

 I am torn between wanting to go somewhere because I have a mild case of cabin fever and wanting to stay at home all day because going out tends to suck the life force out of me. For now my only plan for the day is to start on my homework for Quantitative Methods in Business (even though the class doesn’t technically start for a few more days) and possibly watching Låtden rätte komma in because I was told it’s a really good film. I want to get a bit of a head start on the homework for this class because we will be moving through the material very quickly over the span of just one month. I also want to get started today because I think the material will be extremely boring so I feel it is better not to put it off. I will take the stage makeup course at the same time as this business course, then during the second summer semester, Introduction to Microeconomics and Introduction to Computers. 

Inspired by the movie The Bucket List (which I enjoyed but would definitely not include in my list of favorite films), I have decided to make my own bucket list. For anyone who might be unaware of what a bucket list is, it’s a list of things you want to do before you die. I hope to be alive for a long, long time but I thought it would be interesting to come up with things I’d like to accomplish in order to motivate myself to make those dreams actually happen. So far I just have “travel the world” which is sort of ambiguous but there are just so many places I’d like to go. Now to come up with more than just one wish…

2 comments:

  1. So basically, right now, you're a sad girl without her dog.

    I love Låt den rätte komma in! It's really bleak but also a beautiful love story. I grew up in a Stockholm-suburb reminiscent of the one in the movie at roughly the same time so I really relate to it.

    I was able to cross a couple of things off my (informal) bucket list lately. I read some of my poems at a poetry café, and I took a trip to the States, something I've always wanted to do. As for traveling the world you should probably make it a bit more specific; like Sweden - you seem to know a lot of people here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm a girl with two big dogs to keep her company!

      Unfortunately, I have not yet watched the movie (or done any homework!) but I did start on the painting!

      Delete