Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Squishy McFatkins


A big amount of anxiety has now been resolved. I think I got the best news I could have gotten from Dr. Gore this morning. No changes in the treatment plan (sticking with 6 with only 1 left to go) seemed silly to hope for with the concerns about the abdominal fluid buildup continuing to return. I was resigned to hearing that I would have to switch to harsher chemo drugs, or worse, that I would need more surgery. Happily, Dr. Gore did not see any signs of more tumors on my scan and decided to add just 2 more treatments. So I should get my last round of chemo on July 16th instead of June 4th. I’m sorry that I don’t have any interesting details to share, but since it is now almost the end of my day, I am very tired and can’t really think of much else to say…

I will add that being stuck at home a lot a bit longer than originally planned isn’t quite as bad since I always have one of my best friends to keep me company: http://youtu.be/5yyRmfgannY

1 comment:

  1. Her feelings will be hurt when she reads your nickname!

    ReplyDelete