Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Cinco de Mayo

So much for no nausea...

I'm up much later than I normally am. I tried to go out with some friends for Cinco de Mayo dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I had a good time but of course I got tired before everyone was even done eating and ducked out early. As soon as I was in the parking lot, the sickness started to hit me. As I was driving home, it got worse and worse, but I tried to ignore it. I told myself I didn't need to pull over and I would be fine until I got home. All of the sudden, I started puking uncontrollably all over myself. The chips, gaucomole, queso, shrimp chile relleno, and tamales all came right back up very quickly. I had vomit all down my shirt, on the steering wheel, on my seat belt, in my seat, on my sandaled feet, and the crowning glory was the pool of vomit in my lap. I really don't give a damn if this was somehow disrespectful but I pulled off in a cemetery parking lot to try to get some of the puke off of me. It was the only convenient, somewhat secluded spot around. I took off most of my clothes and drove home half naked, hoping the whole way there wouldn't be a random DUI check point along the way because I didn't want to have to explain that I was covered in puke because I have cancer, not from being drunk.

Ah, the glamorous life of Cancer Girl....

No comments:

Post a Comment