Thursday, May 3, 2012

Droopy Dog


Why do people eat caesar salads? Yuck!

Why is my second toe longer than my big toe? Looks strange. 

Why does the Russian alphabet have to be so confusing?

Why can’t I find someone else with cancer to be my friend? :-(

Why can’t I donate all the cancer cells in my body to Rush Limbaugh?

Why can’t I speak every single language in existence without having to actually learn them?

Why can’t we get universal healthcare passed so I don’t have to worry that I can’t afford to have diabetes and cancer?

Why can’t I seem to pick up a book and start reading it? I love to read. 

Why have I gained a couple of pounds since starting chemo instead of losing weight? Not cool. 

Why do I check Facebook so often? I rarely see anything worthwhile there. 

Why do spicy foods make my nose run? (Gross)

Why can’t wigs be less hot and itchy?

Why does it have to get so fucking hot in Alabama during the summer?

Why did I get cancer? :-(


I get so tired that it feels like the area under my eyes is sinking down down down and I have to check a mirror to make sure I don’t look like this:

3 comments:

  1. Aw but he's sooo cute! How could anyone not love Droopy Dog?

    So you haven't been able to make friends with someone who's got cancer? Seems to me there has to be plenty of ppl going through similar things as you who would want to connect over it. Although I guess it might be difficult to find these ppl. You can't really go to a bar and yell out: "Does anyone in here have cancer?!" I mean you could but it might be considered a tad abrasive. They'd probably forgive you though, cause you know... you have cancer. :-P

    Really, you've gained a couple of pounds? Sounds to me like that might be a good thing, that your body is strong or something. Of course I don't really know anything about it, so I hate to disagree with you, Cancer Girl, but I say cool!

    I've been reading back so I know you've been in chemo since February but when will you be done with it, if you don't mind weird-guy-you-don't-know-from-the-blogosphere asking?

    I hope I haven't offended you with my ramblings. I just have a weird sense of humor (which is why I loved the Rush Limbaugh line :)) and too much free time right now cause they sent me home from work with pay (boo frickin' hoo! Poor me!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HOPE I will be done in June, but they will have to do scans and tests to make sure the treatments were successful. If the doctor decides they were not successful, I will have to have more chemo :-(

      Delete
    2. Well, June can't come soon enough. I hope the treatment is doing its thing. I think it's amazing btw that you can write so honestly about your life. Sounds like last night was kinda rough. Jez, I'd be totally freaked out.

      Delete