Friday, May 25, 2012

Much Gratitute/Cancer Haiku


Lately a handful of people have really stepped up and helped me out a lot by sending me some money. I can’t thank these generous people enough for helping me get by during these difficult times. One of these kind-hearted individuals also has a blog where he shares poetry and prose he has written. If you are interested in checking it out, go here: http://loveaspoetry.blogspot.com/


I felt inspired to write a few cancer haiku just for fun:


Little ovary 
You became a bad tenant
But I miss you so

-----------------------------

The surgeon attacks!
Die exploding tumor die!
I don’t mind the scar

-----------------------------

Leave me be cancer
I really fucking hate you
Do your job chemo



Please note this is not meant to be great poetry and I am very aware that it is not!


I think I’ve mentioned a few times in previous blog posts that chemo was causing me some trouble with balance. Lately I’ve noticed that either it hasn’t been an issue or I’ve adjusted to it. My newest trouble is running into things, usually around the house. I don’t know that I can blame chemo for this. Oftentimes I get so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I’m oblivious to everything going on outside of my head… including walls and chairs. That might make me sound insane, but I’m posting it anyway. :-)

I wonder if I’ll change the name of this blog when I go into remission. I was told the type of cancer I have is quite likely to crop up again, however I don’t want to live my life with cancer on my mind all the time. I might be too busy after all this is over with to post as often. I’ve gotten used to having to live at such a slow pace, and to be really conservative about even going out, that I think getting adjusted back to some normalcy will take time. From what I’ve gathered from various sources, it will take months to get my energy levels back to pre- …. all of this. I feel like the finish line (well, sort of) is in sight and I hope hope hope that despite the warnings that my type of cancer has a high level of reoccurrence, I will never have to go through this nightmare again.

No comments:

Post a Comment