Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And they all look just the same


Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

Because I have gotten really into watching Weeds on Netflix, I get the theme song “Little Boxes” stuck in my head a lot. I just finished season 3 yesterday and I’m sure I’ll start on season 4 today. In the future I hope my life has an excitement level somewhere between this current state and the madness that goes on in that show. No one needs to ever worry about me being a drug dealer though; I am not that “adventurous.”  :-)

I really hate that my memory is so horrible. It seems abnormal how terrible it is. There are some things I really wish I could remember clearly but that have faded to almost nothing, and yet I will remember the most random, useless stuff pretty clearly. For example, a bit of a television show I watched quite a while back popped into my head yesterday and I have no idea why it came up. It was about a married couple’s sex life. Some Oprah type show. The wife couldn’t achieve orgasm with her husband. She could only achieve orgasm by having sex with the corner of a laundry basket…  Ok, it’s true that the sex lives of others interests me greatly and I even thought I might like to be a sex therapist, but there are other, more personal memories I would rather hang on to but have lost. The person I’ve compared my memory to the most is my brother, because he could remember so many things clearly from childhood that I couldn’t remember at all. It doesn’t help when doctors ask me questions about my medical history and I’m just thinking, “Um…”  Maybe I should start doing brain training exercises and eating more foods with omega fatty acids. Maybe I just need to make a better effort to remember things? I don’t know but it frustrates me.

I normally never wear shorts because my legs are so white, I feel self-conscious about showing them off. However, it is already hot as fuck sometimes outside so I got a couple of pairs on sale yesterday. I could I could lie out in the sun and try to get a tan but then I might get cancer… oh, wait! I am not looking forward to miserably hot weather this summer though. I wish I could stay in the 60s and 70s all year round. I would love that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear. Did you watch the lecture about cancer?? xo It's only available for a little longer.. http://www.welloflifecenter.com/newpages/co_op.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that scene you remember and posted made me think of The Great Outdoors where one of the women yelled at the other to "go catch a rinse cycle".

    If you like Weeds, I hear Breaking Bad is really good, too.

    I also highly recommend this book if you get bored enough to want to read something for a change. I just finished the Advanced Reader's copy I got from the author the other week and "Holy crap!" doesn't even begin to describe the wild ride you go on by the time you've finished the book.

    It's the first book I've read that has an online trailer for it. It's nuts.

    ReplyDelete