Thursday, March 22, 2012

Star Stuff



Some of you might not find this interesting but a friend sent this to me and I had to share. He said for him, this is as close to “spirituality” as he gets. And I just love Neil DeGrasse Tyson!

I’m on a website called tudiabetes that is basically a support community for people with diabetes. I joined a group on the site called “Diabetics with Cancer” recently and have been messaging a woman back and forth who has had symptoms similar to the ones I had before they found my tumor. She was worried that she might also have cancer and felt the doctor she talked to wasn’t taking her seriously. I’ve been telling her as much as I can about my symptoms and the whole process that I went through to find out I have cancer. I heard back from her and she finally got her cat scan and it looks like she might have a mass near her uterus. I sincerely hope that it is benign and not cancerous. I’m glad though that I could give her the information I have collected from my experiences because when I was trying to Google everything I was learning as I was finding it out after the doctors found my mass, I didn’t get much useful or personal information. So I feel like it’s a happy coincidence that we came across each other! 

So I finished the first season of Weeds on Netflix and I’ve gotten really into it. One of the characters on the show finds out she has breast cancer and starts doing a lot of crazy things, like flashing a teenage boy and cheating on her husband. I started to think maybe I should take a cue from her. Well, sort of... I don’t mean I want to do insane things that I will regret. I mean I should take more risks and go on more adventures. Live life to the fullest. All that cheesy shit. An example: when I get back to school I want to look into the semester abroad programs. I want to visit other countries and may not get any more chances in life, so I’m going to look into how well financial aid will cover this. Last semester I took some information about a month in Spain during the summer to learn more Spanish, but I never followed through because it seemed like a “scary” experience in some ways because I would be away from everything and everyone familiar. But that is just one thought that is rolling around in my head :-)

I’m too tired to think of what else I wanted to write about so that’s it for the day. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Go abroad! it is the best thing I have done! Hope you are feeling stronger now when a few days have passed from the chemo. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go abroad! Sweden would be at the top of the list! :-)
      I have been feeling a bit better each day!

      Delete