Saturday, March 24, 2012

In need of a wingman/woman


I’ve been spending entirely too much time doing what amounts to nothing online so if anyone has any good book suggestions or maybe a hobby that would be good for me, I would love to hear it! Yesterday I made the mistake of getting on chatroulette.com. Don’t go there! Make a promise to me that you will never go there! This is not a place for the faint of heart. Biggest freak show I have ever experienced. I don’t know how much up close and personal male genitalia I was bombarded with. Way too much! And this is going to sound horribly mean, but I’ve also never seen so many incredibly odd looking people so quickly. People that are so … um…. interesting looking that they look as though they should be cartoon characters. I just mean a lot of really hideous individuals. I hate to sound like an asshole but if you tried it, you would see. But don’t try it!

 There is a sushi place not too far from where I live that I’ve been to several times since it opened a few months ago. It has become the go-to place to eat when I go out with my mom and when I go out with my dad. My mom usually wants to go out to eat on Friday night, so we went there again last night. I’m at the point now where I recognize almost all the staff because I’ve been there so many times, though I’m not sure that any of them would remember me since I’ve wore at 3 three different wigs during my visits. One of the guys who works behind the sushi bar making sushi is really cute though. We always sit at a table but I want to sit at the sushi bar sometime so I can make an attempt at conversation with him! Neither Mom nor Dad would really make the best wingman/woman though. So I’ll need a friend to go with me at some point to try to find out a bit more about him. :-D

Is it obvious even through this blog post that I’m feeling much better? If not, I am feeling much better than I was! I think this will just be how the chemo process is going to play out each time. I get the chemo and feel like crap, then slowly feel better until I’m almost like my old self, and then get chemo again and start the process all over. Just a cycle. So I think I should make the most out of the time between now and my next round of chemo on April 2nd

One upside to chemotherapy? Much quicker showers. I don’t have any hair to wash or condition and my legs now stay silky smooth with zero effort on my part :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment