Monday, March 26, 2012

I could start playing World of Warcraft…


… but I won’t!

I just realized it is now 1 week before my next chemo treatment. I don’t want to go again! I guess I need to try to pack in some fun time this week before I have to go back and feel like crap all over.
My fun thing today was going to see The Hunger Games with my dad. I really liked the movie but was surprised to see little kids sitting in the theater. I had trouble stomaching a lot of the content as an adult; I think if I watched it as a child, I would have nightmares for weeks. If you are reading this, you are probably an adult and I definitely recommend that you see the movie. Here’s the preview if you haven’t seen it:


I am going tomorrow to talk about cancer and my feelings with my new counselor/therapist/psychologist Sharon. I don’t really feel like I need to go but at this point it will just be nice to get out of the house. However, I’m just not sure what I will talk to her about for a full hour. Maybe I will just tell her the craziest shit that pops into my head since her job is to listen to crazy shit and my life is simply not overly exciting right now. Well, I guess getting cancer is pretty… well, definitely not exciting but certainly crazy. My day to day life may seem dull but I keep myself fairly entertained in odd and silly ways. 

Still in the market for a sham marriage that will provide me with health insurance. Maybe I should try craigslist.com…

8 comments:

  1. Creepers on craigslist! Sign up on match.com in Sweden. They were just selected as the best looking men in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, doesn't match.com make you pay a fee though?

      Delete
    2. Match.com is every bit as creepy as Craigslist, and they make you pay for the privilege of being creeped on, to boot!

      I mean, who wants to pay for a dating site where you are just as likely to be approached by the dating site equivalent of the Nigerian Email Scam? True story, Match.com is the only paid dating site I've been on where some scammer using the same sets of photos on three different profiles sent me the same message. Don't even get me started on the "cam site" profiles on OKCupid.

      You run into creepers on any site, basically.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen Hunger Games, but I just red the book.
    I wonder if the book wont affect kids more than the movie, but on the other hand you present thoughts and reasoning a lot better in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when I read Lord of the Flies as a child, it had s big impact on me. I'm not sure what the books are like but I can't help but think violent images are a movie screen would be much scarier to a child. There's just a lot of violence in the movie and the violence is going on among kid and teenagers.

      Delete
    2. In the book the scariest thing is the helpless situation more than the violence.

      I guess you generally censor your own imagination, so you're probably right.

      Delete
    3. You are right about the situation being the scary part. Such a horrific scenario.

      Delete
  3. Never play World of Warcraft unless you want to see a bunch of sad nerds playing female characters, stripping and dancing to get fake online items from other sad nerds.

    I haven't seen the Hunger Games movie yet, but will probably try to this Friday. Is the shaky-cam during scenes that have nothing to do with a fight as bad as some reviewers make it out to be?

    ReplyDelete