Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Multiple Personality Disorder :-P

It was suggested to me that I should give all my wigs names and I felt each wig should come with it’s own personality too! So here they are!

Natasha
This wig belongs to my Natasha personality. She is a secret Russian agent and sleeps with lots of men but breaks their hearts and snaps their necks in the morning! :-D

Abigail
This second wig is my Abigail personality. She is a sweet Southern belle that loves her daddy and Jesus! She is the president of her sorority and prays every night before she goes to sleep! She never goes out without making sure her hair looks perfect!

Paige
This wig is my Paige personality. She is quiet and shy. She works in a library and likes to read erotic fiction because she hasn't gotten laid in a long time! She is sweet and volunteers in an animal shelter and wants to join the Peace Corps :-)

Rachel
This is my Rachel wig. Some people think she’s abrasive and a bit trashy but she has a big heart. Most of her friends are guys because she can’t seem to make friends with girls as easily. She really loves her whiskey and dive bars so watch out!

Mary
The last wig is just Mary because it makes me look the most like me. Mary is going through a tough time because she has cancer and is going through chemotherapy but she is still very optimistic about the future! She’s a little weird but her friends and family love her very much! She really needs to stop spending so much time on the computer and find something productive to do :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My second round of chemo will be next Monday and I’m not looking forward to finding out how I will feel that week. I was just thinking of something my doctor told me... My type of cancer is unfortunately the type that is pretty likely to return, so instead of just being done with this shit when chemo is over, he will have to keep an eye out for its return for a long, long time. I’m not really sure how all that will play out since I’ve really only just gotten started on my treatments. I shouldn’t even be saying this because there are many people who are much worse off than I am, but I’m pretty annoyed that I now have 3 illnesses I have to keep up with: I have to try to be a good diabetic all day / every day, I have to make sure I don’t fall into a deep depression again by watching for the signs of it, AND I have to keep tabs on this cancer deal I think forever. Yes, I’m aware that I always talk as if all this cancer stuff will come to a happy conclusion and chemotherapy will be totally success but I guess I just haven’t had any doubts that it won’t turn out exactly that way. Neither one of my doctors mentioned anything about a negative outcome, so if there is a chance of that, I feel like I’m in the dark about it. I need to remember to ask about this next Monday because I really do feel a little lost when it comes to a lot of this crazy stuff. Hopefully I won’t be half asleep when Dr. Gore comes by this next time. 


This is a picture of my friends at work wearing the support bracelets Jessica had made for me! In case you missed the earlier post about them, the say "There's something about Mary" which I think is both funny and very, very sweet!


It looks like the rest of my week is going to be relatively busy so I hope my energy level stays where I need it to be!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet the bracelets are! I am sorry you are carrying so much on your shoulders now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say that the recurring cancer thing is something everyone that has had it has to worry about for the rest of their life after getting it. It's really more of an odds thing when doctors talk about it, though, because the study of Cancer is a really complicated thing (best explanation of it I've seen was in that comic I think I posted a link to in one of your blogs somewhere).

    I mean, my odds are very good that I'll never have to deal with the specific type of cancer I had again (20% chance of recurrence/80% chance of being "cured" depending on how you look at it, after the treatment I went through)--I'm getting a CT scan and blood work done again mid-April specifically to check for it and will have to do it every 3 months for two years before the check periods begin to get longer times between them.

    My oncologist explained things by basically saying the reason they're so emphatic about the followup stuff post-chemo is because of how many cancer patients do really stupid things like completely ignoring the post-chemo followups once they begin to feel better if they're told they're in remission (apparently a very high number out of all cancer patients, published somewhere but I forget where). You'd think after going through the hell of chemo people would stay on top of things and you wouldn't have doctors trying to keep you freaked out about it, but I guess there really are that many really dumb people out there.

    As for the wigs, is it weird that I'd totally date any one of those women (though I'd make sure to wear a neck brace if I went out with Natasha)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure there's a lot he just can't tell me for sure.

      I think Natasha is my second favorite even though she's such a bitch. :-)

      Delete
  3. I like Mary the best, of course :) Possibly because you look so vibrant in the picture. Paige is second favorite. The others are adorable, but there's the faves.

    Good luck on Monday! You deserve some luck at this point; life keeps throwing bullshit at you and you take it in stride. I'm diving into the optimism here, but you shouldn't subscribe to any chance of mortality. You're a fighter and you're going to grow old and live a full and happy life. I'm devoting a decent portion of my daily thoughts to willing this into being. That's how quantum mechanics works, right?

    I love how supportive your friends are. You're the one dealing directly with all the danger, fear and suffering, but you have a huge team backing you up and we're all in this together to some extent. Go Team Mary!

    ReplyDelete