Monday, March 19, 2012

привет!


Today is the day I was told my immune system would be at its lowest. So I will definitely not go to Walmart today, haha. I don’t feel horrible. I feel more tired than I would like every day. I did have some bone pain but it wasn’t as bad as it was for the last round. My muscles are also sore, along with some coughing and being congested. Oddly, my balance is off – a side effect I don’t remember reading about. If I twist or move in an odd way too quickly, I almost fall every time. I wasn’t that clumsy before the chemo. Happily, I haven’t had as many headaches lately. Those seem to usually just pop up when I’m exhausted. Also, having the fluids drained from my stomach seems to have greatly improved my appetite. I think it also helps my appetite that I haven’t had much trouble with nausea anymore. I almost puke or puke just a little (gross I know) shortly after I wake up each morning, but it is usually fine for the rest of the day. I hope I’m not one of the few people that end up gaining weight on chemo! That would really suck. 

Stomach: still flatter. The fluids have not returned so far. 

Eyebrows: still hanging in there. YAY!

Eyelashes: don’t seem to ready to come out. Another small but much loved facial feature to be happy about hanging on to.

The hair loss seems to be random. Not what I expected. I thought all hair would come out all at once. I suppose it can be different for everybody and probably has a lot to do with the type of chemo drugs you are on. The hair on my head is clearly not growing, nor is the hair in my air pits growing at all (bonus). The hair on my legs seems like it might be growing at a very slow rate at this point. I’m sure this is all very interesting to read but I guess I’ve been studying it to a certain degree. Like I’m my own science experiment. 

Yesterday I had a gentleman caller come over! My, I haven’t had a gentleman caller in so long! Aaron came over and spent about 5 hours here. It was really fun but I was exhausted by the time he left. I haven’t slept well the last 3 nights for some reason. Even though I was having a good time, I had to ask him to leave after a while because I was so freaking exhausted. I could go into more detail about this visit but some things are private, especially when the person you are writing about will read what you have to say :-)

Instead of doing much in the way of constructive activities, I continue to find new ways to waste time. My pretend fiancé went on a date Friday night and so I joined the Russian dating site (mamba.ru) he found the girl on so I could check her out too. He said in person she looked a bit thicker and like a smoker, not quite measuring up to her profile pics. I think he is going to call her again though. Because I had to create a profile I started getting lots of messages from Russian guys too, haha. I was talking to my Russian on Skype so I could share my screen with him so that he could translate my messages and help me come up with funny replies. Вовик from the Ukraine was our favorite because he was overly excited, a bit crazy, and maybe a little on the slow side. He announced his love for me very quickly, in Russian of course, and the conversation just got stranger from there. But the website isn’t as fun when I log on alone because I don’t have my Russian there to make sense of the messages I get in Russian or broken English, so it’s already lost a lot of its appeal. Too many weirdo messages, like offers of marriage. But maybe I will become best friends with Вовик (I call him Bob now for short) despite the huge language barrier. 

I might go watch a few episodes of Weeds now. I know I am way behind to just get into it now, but the first 5 seasons are on Netflix and I’ve already gotten into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment