Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inga


Hej, I am Inga! Hur är läget? I was born in Sweden but I also speak English very well! I am currently studying physics at Uppsala Universitet and hope to teach someday! I am very close with my family, who lives in Stockholm, and visit them as often as I can. People say that I am very friendly and can start a conversation with anyone, even strangers! Trevligt att träffas!



 I’m trying to sign up for a program called Look Good… FeelBetter. It’s a free program for women with cancer. You go to a class with other women with cancer and a professional makeup shows you tips and tricks for just looking better even though you have cancer. I haven’t lost my eyelashes or eyebrows to chemo but I know a lot of women do and I’m curious to see what the tips are for dealing with that. Also, they give you a free makeup kit that I was told is really nice! As a makeup junkie, I can’t miss out on that! My mom’s friend from work who went through chemo for breast cancer went and said it was a lot of fun. I talked on the phone from someone with the American Cancer Society about it and apparently the slots fill up quickly so it will probably be a little while before I can get into one of the classes.



Real message I sent to my pretend fiancé last night about mamba.ru, the Russian dating site I recently mentioned:

OMFG, this mamba website is so creepy! It's making me think that most Russian men are super creepy! I keep getting on but now most of my responses are "no" or "I don't understand you!"
One guy wants to marry me, one guy wants to be my slave, on guy wants to send me pictures of his penis, one guy just wants me to know that he is bisexual....
With one guy, he kept messaging me in Russian and I kept saying "I don't understand you" over and over and finally he just sent ")))))))) SEX)))))"

So the site lost it’s newness and fun pretty quickly!


Going to meet with my dad for lunch soon so I better get up and get going :-)


*EDIT*

Finally got the results back about what was going on with the fluids in my stomach. The fluid had atypical mitotic (???) cancer cells in it, but the doctor was not surprised by this and feels that my current treatment plan is still the correct one to get rid of them. They don't expect that my abdomen will swell back up with fluids if the current chemo drugs are doing their job properly. 

6 comments:

  1. Cheering for the chemo drugs to keep doing their thing !!!! Hoping a slot in the make-up class opens for you soon. Actually, you look like you could teach it. You are looking really good, Inga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to play with makeup so I'm excited!

      Delete
  2. Well, I for one certainly hope that none of that fluid comes back!

    And, yeah, the makeup stuff should be really fun. That sounds right up your alley in every way! You'll have to show off some of what you learn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch him.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBqjKWP1tM
    He is 45 years old.But he looks like a teenager girl.

    Anything can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is your relationship to Sweden?? CURIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't really have much of a connection to Sweden except for knowing Linnéa and some friends I made online from Sweden :-)

      Delete